Dates cakes obviously contain dates which are rich in several nutrients which are known to promote good health for the heart. Dates are rich in fiber as well as Vitamin B. They also have low-fat content thus a sure diet that will not increase your cholesterol.
2 cups flour
1 ½ cup sugar
1 ½ cup butter
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 cup dates (without seeds)
½ cup milk
- Make sure that the dates have no seeds at all(properly removed).
- Put in the blender with the milk and blend to make a paste
- Using some greaseproof paper, line your 8-inch baking tray on the bottom and brush some butter on the sides as well.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until becomes pale white and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one by one then add in the cinnamon powder. In a separate bowl sieve flour into the butter and the egg mixture as you continue to beat together in low speed finish off with the dates paste that you initially made so that the mixture will soften.
- Pour the mixture in the baking tray and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 1hour.
- Let the cake cool then cut into cubes and enjoy with tea or coffee