Chocolate brownies are square baked chocolate desserts that come in different forms. The can be either fudgy or cakey depending on their preference. In some recipes, one may include nuts, some frosting, cream cheese or chocolate chips.
250 gram Sugar
43 grams Cocoa
85 grams self-raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp milk
100 grams margarine or butter
100 grams plain chocolate
- Stir together the sugar, flour, and salt
- Whisk the eggs and milk and pour into the dry mixture
- Melt the butter and beat into the mixture
- Pour into a greased tray 20 by 30cm (8 X 12 inch) tin and bake in a moderate oven (180 degrees Celsius) for 45mins. For best results, when poked with a stick, the stick should be slightly chocolaty.
- Cool in the tin and cover with the chocolate melted over hot water.
- Cut into squares to serve